The deputation of Iqra University Research Centre (IURC) is to generate new ideas to enrich the knowledge base that supports the academic agenda of Iqra University – IU and its members (students, faculty & staff) for achieving sustainable and equitable development in the academic arena. To maximize the impact of research, IURC carries out a set of activities that serve as inputs to the university departments, the academic community:
- Manages and executes comparative research study and projects on the development issues of greatest concern today. Research topics are organized into the following categories: Finance, Labor and Social Issues, Marketing, International business, Economics;
- Leverages its internal research capabilities by supporting the Online Research Journals(ISI Thompson, Emerald, EBSCO Host) which encompasses over 10,000 peer-reviewed articles;
- Published bi-annually a thematically-focused comparative socioeconomic journal of the university: South Asian Journal of Management Sciences (SAJMS);
- Disseminates the research findings to the academic community: working papers, Journal (SAJMS), conferences and seminars.
IURC affirms the broad mission of Iqra University in delineating advance research education for the under-graduate and post-graduate studies with an intention to enhance the value of Iqra University. Besides, IURC also imparts policy making in relation to the research activities for the academic and corporate world.
Research is used as an academic dialogue, to include not only the diverse activities relating to publication, performance and presentation. IURC’s mission are:
- To support and facilitate faculty and students efforts to expand the area of human knowledge, creativity and forms of expression, particularly in those disciplines in which University awards the graduate and MPhil degree;
- To contribute to improvements in professional practice through dissemination of research knowledge;
- To serve as a resource and depositary for information and knowledge-base.
- To engage in research to contribute to development of Social Sciences, professional practice and technology.
The Office of IURC will accelerate the pace of high-quality research by fostering linkages and communication between research intellectuals, professionals, promoting innovation and assuring adherence to ethical and regulatory standards. Our primary goals are continual success of the University as an internationally valued research source.